Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Playdate

Meet Marissa --
She came over to play with us this last Saturday and again on Monday.  and when I say play ... I really mean we watched her while her mom worked...10 hours on Saturday, 8 on Monday.  She's a spunky 4 almost 5 year old with an attitude.

Leah and Marissa played ...
and played ...
and played ...
and Audrey chewed ...
and I broke up fights ... tried to teach little girls how to share ... hid toys to end arguments ... explained to Marissa that Leah was younger b/c she was younger ... and accidentally took a 10 minute nap on the bed during quiet time.

We had fun ... ummm ... they had fun ... I did too ... I think ... I'm still tired from this weekend.

And guess what!  She's probably coming back in two weekends
I'm tired already thinking about it ...

For more black and white pictures visit Lisa at The Long Road to China
the long road

9 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Cute pix!! It's amazing how even one extra kid can be so exhausting to your everyday life! Looks like it was mostly fun though.

Ashley Sisk said...

Oh to be a child - they look like they're having a blast.

CM said...

Lazy summer days...just to be a kid again! Great shots, I especially like the one with the frisbees on their heads. Cute.

Love Letters To China said...

I just had to laugh reading your post. I'm experiencing the same exact thing with two 7 yr olds and a 3 yr old. Exhausted and it's only 2:30 in the afternoon. You took awesome pictures while they were together... that's something to be proud of!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun but exhausting day!
Cute pictures of all the kids!

Mom2Isabel said...

Really like that last shot, the angle is so unusual.

Wanda said...

Your post sounds familiar. My 7 year old wants playdates everyday now that shcool is out. And I thought I would get some stuff done this summer. Ha!

Love this series - kids at crazy play always work.

Unknown said...

Oh fun : ) A play date! It is nice when our kids have someone to play with, isn't it?

PS Flipping love the chewer : ) XO

Thank you for being SO sweet and encouraging when you leave a comment. You always make me smile and walk away encouraged.

krissilugbill said...

sounds like you had your hands full :) beautiful black and white photos!