Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sweet Shot

Have you ever taken a picture you thought was just another picture to be wow'ed by it later?  This is how I felt when I looked at this picture later, so I'm sharing it as part of 3 Boybarians Sweet Shot Tuesday.
Sweet Shot Day

Leah

Also, I'm really excited to join Madeline Bea Photography and her wonderful follower in starting the 365 Journey ... or taking a picture once a day for an entire year.  I see this as not only a way to grow, but as a way to find beauty in every day.  So, with the August Photo Hunt coming to a close today (I'll be posting them tomorrow), I have loved challenging myself to grow in that way.  I look back at the June Photo Hunt and I can see my pictures improve!  I can not wait to see how well my skills improve over an entire year of challenges!
tuesdays unwrapped at cats

I have been a bit down lately, so I'm really excited about seeing the small things ... the beauty ... in all days, even the crappy ones where you have an fussing argument on the phone with your husband while sitting in the break room ... everyday has a bit of beauty in it

I have a flickr page, and I will post my daily photos there with probably a weekly sharing of photos here, but I would really love to learn how to use a flickr page to the fullest.  Do you just join groups and comment on other peoples' pictures, kinda like blogging?  Can't wait to learn more!

10 comments:

Julie said...

Perfect capture!! I'm thinking about joining th 365 day thing too...haven't quite decided if I want the committment yet!

Susan said...

Wow, what a beautiful little girl.

Sorry about your bad day, and yes there is beauty even in them.

Blessings♥

Cherry said...

I love this shot - just so full of life and beauty. As you say it is holding on to those moments each and every day to combat the rest. Cherry XXX

Unknown said...

Hi Christy,

This is such a great shot.. She is adorable..
I just signed up for 365 days also.. And I also just started a flickr acct., But I really don't know much about it either... If you get any info pass it my way..

I will be back to see how your journey is going..


~Linda

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Beautiful! I did 365 one year and I really cherished that year in photos!

Wendy said...

Gotta love a happy accident kind of photo! Good luck with your 365 project!!!

Nicole said...

So cute! Thank you for stopping by my blog too!

{cindy} said...

That was a great moment captured!
Very sweet!
Enjoy the day

Carol Blackburn said...

Great shot, nice to have you aboard the 365.

Fairiesfolly said...

Great pic. I have just jointed 365 too. Will give me something to focus on in the coming year. Children are wonderful subjects aren't they.